ATRAD supplies radar systems components for a number of applications.
Hardware – transmitters
Transmitters are available as individual transmitter modules for general use or as transmitter sub-systems suitable for incorporation into a radar system.
- Solid State: MF, HF, VHF power levels from 500W to 80kW or higher depending on requirement
Transmitters are also available or can be customised for a wide range of applications including:
- HF/SSB Power amplifiers
- CW operation
- NMI/MRI applications
Hardware – receivers
- Digital Receivers: MF, HF, VHF
Hardware – data acquisition
ATRAD data acquisition systems consist of a Linux-based computer fitted with a 16-bit data acquisition software plus separate digital receivers. Data acquisition sub-systems are available for incorporation into a new radar system or to upgrade an existing radar system.
Hardware – antenna systems
Complete antenna subsystems can be designed, modelled and supplied for MF, HF, and VHF operation. A complete antenna sub-system can include antennas, cabling, splitters/combiners, guying and mounting hardware.
ATRAD radar systems are supplied with a sophisticated analysis and display suite (ADS) developed by ATRAD. This suite supports:
- Realtime display and analysis
- Offline display and analysis
- Data post-analysis
The ADS module supports most data formats commonly used by researchers and operators of radar systems.
Standard analysis modules available include:
- FCA: full correlation analysis
- SCA: spatial correlation analysis
- DBS: Doppler beam steering
- MET[temp]: meteor temperature analysis
- MET[vel]: meteor velocity analysis
- MET[mpc]: meteor phase correlation
- MET[mrad]: meteor radiant determination
- IDI: imaging Doppler Interferometry
- FDI: frequency domain interferometry
- DAE: differential absorption experiment
- IDBS: Ionospheric Doppler beam steering